Launching Romance into the stars.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

It's poll time! Help Jessica E. Subject with her next cover. #scifi #urbanscifi


Hello peeps! Thank you for joining me today! Right now, the second story in my Alien Next Door series, Alien Admirer, is with my CPs, and I'm finishing up another 1Night Stand story, His Alien Virgin. After those, my next project is going to be an urban sci-fi. While there will be some romantic elements, the romance will not be the main focus of the story. It will be more aliens in an action/adventure. So, I have a question for you. 

What would you prefer to see on the cover of an urban sci-fi with romantic elements? 

(Yes, I know many of these are urban fantasy and PNR, but I'm just trying to show representatives of the options. :)

A) A couple embracing?



B) A couple, but not embracing?



C) Only one character in an urban setting?



D) Close up of one character?



E) All of the characters in the story?



F) A symbol representing the story?



G) Other - please share what you'd like to see.

I look forward to your answers. :)

Bio:


Jessica Subject is the author of contemporary and science fiction romance, ranging from sweet to sexy. In her stories, you could meet clones, or a sexy alien or two. You may even be transported to another planet for a romantic rendezvous.

When Jessica isn't reading, writing, or doing dreaded housework, she likes to get out and walk. Fast. But she just may slow down if there is a waterfall nearby.

Jessica lives in Ontario, Canada with her husband and two energetic children. And she loves to hear from her readers. You can find her at jessicasubject.com and on twitter @jsubject.

8 comments:

morgan said...

Hi Jessica,
Just came back from a cover workshop. I found the busier the cover the harder it is to see in the thumbnail size when a person is online deciding what they want to investigate. I think the one character does it. The close-up has been done to death. IMHO

Misty Waters said...

I like the one character version:)

S.J. Maylee said...

I like the once character too. :)

Hammarblad said...

I like the one with one character in an urban setting. There are so many embracing couples and close-ups. =)

Cellophane Queen said...

Another one character vote from me.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you all for your opinion! :)

I was considering the one character with the urban setting, as we see in many urban fantasies.

Now, I just have to consider which character to use. Male or female lead? Hmmm...

Anne said...

I like all the different types of covers. If it's a series, I think it might get a bit boring if the cover was always of the main character if he/she stays the same. A good example though of this would be the Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. While Kate (if I recall correctly) is on each cover, but there are other characters or clues to the storyline in the background.

Just a sign, unless it's integral to the story and well known by the readers is too ambiguous to me. Like those meaningless to a new reader erotic romance covers with a splash of color, or cuff links. What does that tell me about the story? Nothing.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Hi Anne! Thank you so much for your input! :)

In this series, the main characters are different from the next two, so that can be varied. Also, the setting changes with each one, so that will add some variety, too.