Launching Romance into the stars.

Thursday, January 24, 2013

7 Writer Challenge - Never Gonna Desert You

Romance author Lorraine Paton tagged me in the 7 Writer Challenge. According to the rules I must go to either page 7 or page 77 of one of my works, and starting on line 7, post the next 7 lines. After that I must challenge 7 other writers to do the same.

Now, I just did this on Facebook for my work-in-progress, Never Gonna Desert You, the sequel to Never Gonna Let You Go. But, the story was still in my notebook then, and page 7 in my notebook is not the same as page 7 on the computer. If you read the previous excerpt from Facebook, it is in Brook's POV, but this one is in Melina's POV.

So, here are my seven lines from page 7:

Tapping the receive button, she braced for the call. Nothing good could come from the higher-ups buzzing her.

“Hello, Melina? Are you busy?” A string of choked sobs followed.

Melina gasped. “Brook, is that you? Are you okay?”

“No.”

Silence.

Oh god, what’s wrong? Her heart hammered in her chest. “Where are you? I’ll be right there if you tell me.”



And here's the music that is inspiring my muse while I write this story:




Now, as for tagging people, I'm not going to do that, but if you'd like to participate and show off your work-in-progress, go ahead and carry the torch. I tag YOU!


Bio:
Jessica Subject started writing to encourage her daughter to read. Now she writes to keep herself grounded. Although she reads many genres, she enjoys writing Science Fiction Romance the most and believes everyone in the universe deserves a happily ever after. She lives Southwestern Ontario, Canada with her husband and two kids and loves to hear from her readers.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a heart-pounding excerpt! Definitely makes me want to know what's going on.

Jessica E. Subject said...

Thank you, Lilly! It's just one of many heart-pounding moments in this story. ;)