Launching Romance into the stars.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Book Shout Out: Dead or Alive by L.J. Garland

Yesterday I finished a wonderful science fiction romance short story called Dead or Alive. It's part of Decadent Publishing's 1Night Stand series, and definitely one of my favorites. Reading the story, I could not help but think about Men In Black and Star Wars. I think it brings in the perfect aspects of both to combine with action, romance, and a plot to take over the world. My only complaint is that the story ended too soon. While the characters had their struggles before they could have their happily ever after, I was left with so many questions about the other plot in the story. I do hope the story line is continued in the future, cause I'm sure it will rock just as much as Dead or Alive.

Dead or Alive by L.J. Garland:


Rhykar Evierse has been on the Most Wanted list for years. His attempts to expose the evil deeds of Vast Innovations’ founder, Mertan Graiton, has landed him on the wrong end of the law—and on the wrong end of a sexy bounty hunter’s pistol. Now, Rhykar’s wanted for a murder he didn’t commit. Desperate to clear his name, he contacts the one woman who can save him. He hopes she’ll give him one night to prove himself.

When Selea Val’keer receives Rhykar’s call for help, anger and lust rip through her. How can she be attracted to a criminal? Unable to resist, she accepts his invitation to meet through Madame Evangeline’s 1Night Stand service. But what will she do when she sees him again—kiss him or shoot him?

You can find Dead or Alive here:

Decadent Publishing / Amazon.com / Barnes & Noble / All Romance / and other ebook retailers

2 comments:

LJ Garland said...

I am so thrilled you enjoyed the story! I've actually been wanting to write another, just need to come up with a good plot that I can cram into 12K. Hmm... :)

Jessica E. Subject said...

I'm sure it will come to you when you're in the middle of writing another story. At least, that's what happens to me. LOL

Can't wait!